By Pastor Glem Melo
I am greatly honored, blessed, and pleased to have served the Lord and His people at New Covenant Presbyterian Church in Abingdon, Maryland, during their 2016 Mission Conference. The theme was “One Culture to Another… It’s Not Just for Missionaries.”
- I gave an update on our Bible Training and Church Planting Mission Work in the Philippines, Friday night.
- I taught during two (2) break-out sessions on Saturday morning and noon.
- I taught missions to Sunday school kids.
- I was a part of a question and answer panel on Sunday evening.
My break-out sessions were on Biblical, Presbyterian, and Cross-cultural Church Planting.
If we are to advance the fulfillment of the great commission, we must focus on, be more intentional and strategic about, and labor relentlessly towards the planting and multiplication of new churches, at home and abroad. But we must do so according to the Bible, consistent with our Reformed Confessions, and “decently and in order” as set forth in our Presbyterian Church Order.
- The Lord Jesus Christ: the Great Church Planter
- All the Apostles were Cross-cultural Church Planters (Jerusalem was not their native home)
- The Ministry of the Word, Sacraments, and Discipline
- Presbytery Formation and Action in the Gospels and Acts
Please pray that the Lord would continue to nourish, grow, and expand the missionary work of His church worldwide.