The number of fatalities caused by recent severe floods in Manila and Luzon has climbed to 60. Moreover, ABS-CBN News reports:
Severe flooding also damaged 3,135 houses in Regions I, III, IV-A, IV-B and VI.
A state of calamity has been declared in the following areas:
- Metro Manila: Marikina, Malabon, Navotas, Valenzuela, Muntinlupa, San Juan, Pasig, Pasay, Caloocan and Pateros
- REGION I: Pangasinan Province
- REGION III: Iba, Zambales; Ologanpo City; San Fernando, Pampanga; Bataan; Bulacan Province
- REGION IV-A: Laguna, San Mateo, Rizal; Tanay, Rizal; Cainta, Rizal; Rodriguez, Rizal; Jalajala, Rizal
- REGION IV-B: Abra de Ilog, Occidental Mindoro; Culion, Palawan; El Nido, Palawan; Linapacan, Palawan
We continue to stay in close communication with pastors and church leaders in flood affected areas in Manila and Luzon. Please pray as they visit, comfort and help victims in their churches and communities. Ask the Lord also to lead and guide us as we seek ways to help in concrete ways.
Pray. Help. Give.