The 12 family-victims of Typhoon Sendong (Washi) that our mission adopted were moved to an old government building. We have visited the site and met with the camp manager several times already.
- Though dilapidated, the old building is so much better than tents. Therefore, the 12 families do not need tent improvement anymore.
- The camp has a total of 60 families. It will create division and jealousy if we only serve the 12 families. Therefore, we revised our original plan to include all 60 families.
Based on our consultative meetings, studies and analysis, these families will live in the evacuation center for 1 year before they get their new home from the government. Therefore, we have to support them for a year. Specifically, we want to ensure that their living conditions are improved and that they are protected from disease and other dangers.
- Regular visitation of each family
- Spiritual and psychosocial support sessions for parents and children
- Weekly group dinner and fellowship
- Distribution of water filters
- Distribution of a weekly food ration of 10 kilos of rice, beans, meat, vegetables, etc.
- Distribution of appropriate medicines for the ill
- Distribution of school supplies for the children
Help us reach, serve, protect and rehabilitate affected children and families by sending a financial donation to our mission’s bank account:
Open Eyes Mission
Account Number: 870055054
Bank Name: Banco De Oro Universal Bank
Branch: SM City Cagayan de Oro
Swift Code: BNORPHMM
OPEN EYES MISSION
Pastor Glem Melo
Blk 31 Lot 32 Daisy Street
Camella Hm, U Balulang
Cagayan de Oro City
For more information about the grave devastations caused by typhoon Sendong (international name: Washi) and our relief and rehabilitation programs for the victim-survivors, please read our Sendong Door ® page here.
Thank you very much.